Mi amigo, colega y compañero Javier Fernández, hasta ahora software development manager en Fon, quiere enfrentarse a nuevos retos fuera de Fon por lo que la que considero una de las posiciones más interesantes relacionadas con tecnología en Madrid se queda vacante.
Todo lo que hemos vivido juntos a nivel profesional Javier y yo necesitaría de una colección de posts pero hasta que la escriba, solo puedo desearle lo mejor en esta nueva etapa profesional.
Aquí os dejo la descripción formal del puesto. Si hay alguien interesado me puede contactar a mi directamente:
Software Development Manager
Fon is the world’s largest WiFi network. The company was founded in 2006 by CEO, entrepreneur and internet pioneer, Martin Varsavsky, with the goal of blanketing the world with WiFi that is free for everyone. Today Fon is the largest WiFi community in the world with over 13 million hotspots globally. Fon has a growing list of Telco partners who build Fon WiFi sharing functionality into their broadband routers or bundle Fon products together with their own technology. Atomico, British Telecom, Coral Group, Skype, Google, and Index Ventures are investors in Fon.
Fon is a young and dynamic company that is growing fast on a global scale. It is a great place to develop your technical and commercial skills and work with a multi-talented, multi-cultural team. In addition, Fon has the atmosphere, casual dress and contagious energy of a start-up.
Software Development Manager will ensure that the development of Fon products are delivered effectively, efficiently, on time, in specification and in quality.
This role includes management of multiple teams, each team have its own team leader. The Software Development Manager have to coordinate each team development cycle with product owners roadmap.
Other responsibilities include:
- Organizes, mentors and motivates a team of 20-25 software developers
- Manages and maintains the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of the development teams
- Works together with product managers to develop products on-time and in quality
- Works together with principal engineer to align the development with technical strategy and technical decisions
Requirements and necessary experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing managers or team leads
- 5+ years of experience in managing small-sized teams (5-10 people)
- 5+ years of experience managing developments with scrum methodology
- 5+ years of experience acting as java architect
- Experience developing high availability and high scalability software
- 3+ years of experience managing development teams using CI, unit testing (JUnit), functional testing (Selenium, SoapUI)
- Dynamic and motivating personality adaptable to the changing environment of a startup company
- Experience in the telecommunications industry, notions of WiFi systems
- Understanding of protocols and communications systems
- Scrum master certification